Thursday, January 21, 2010

Warming up

So the spring semester (my final semester!!!) starts on Monday (Jan 25.)  I am using this entry to get myself back in the mind set of school.  I have been working in studio this week, doing some "light" reading and starting to pick up where I left off last semester.

I have gotten some read back separate from my blog which has been helpful and encouraging.  At the end of last semester I realized that my thesis is less about producing the both/and condition and more about what the both/and condition within architecture can do to create new spatial experiences and situations.  "What can the both/and condition do for you?"  I have been able to produce a simple form of the both/and condition with the moire studies but it needs to step forward and be applied to a different condition in order to result in something other than itself.  What is the effect of having a both/and condition within a spatial condition or design?

It has been pointed out that I seem to be separating wave and particle into distinct entities rather than emphasizing that they an "ultimate" both/and condition in that waves experience particle phenomenon and vice versa.  This idea is the essence of my thesis.  This is where my thesis started.  The idea of something being two things at once or rather, being both until observed and being in a basic flux between two entities.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment